Connect with us

Celebrity

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Steps Down as Revolt Chairman Following Lawsuits

Published

on

Sean “Diddy” Combs has stepped down as chairman of his music-oriented television network Revolt after being accused of sexual assault in three different lawsuits.

A statement shared via Revolt’s Instagram page on Tuesday, November 28, read: “Sean Combs has stepped down from his position as chairman of Revolt. While Mr. Combs has previously had no operational or day-to-day role in the business, this decision helps to ensure that Revolt remains steadfastly focused on our mission to create meaningful content for the culture and amplify the voices of all Black people throughout this country and the African diaspora.”

The statement concluded by noting that the network’s “focus has always been one that reflects our commitment to the collective journey of REVOLT” rather than one that is “driven by any individual.” Us Weekly has reached out to Diddy, 54, for comment. While the statement didn’t indicate the decision wasn’t permanent, a spokesperson told People that it is a temporary move.

Diddy launched Revolt in 2013 with cofounder Andy Schuon. The rapper’s decision to step aside from his position comes less than two weeks after his ex-girlfriend Cassie filed a lawsuit accusing him of sexual assault.

Related: Hollywood’s Sexual Misconduct Scandals

While Hollywood may appear to be all glitz and glam on the surface, the industry has seen its fair share of scandals through the years. The New York Times and the New Yorker first published investigative pieces in 2017 that accused disgruntled movie producer Harvey Weinstein of decades of sexual assault and harassment. Soon after, Weinstein stood trial and was […]

Cassie, 37, (real name Casandra Ventura) was referred to as “a victim of sex trafficking” in the court documents obtained by Us Weekly. She claimed that after she met Diddy in 2005, he began a pattern of abuse which included urging her to take drugs and forcing her to have sex with male prostitutes on camera. She further claimed that Diddy forced his way into her home and raped her in 2018.

Diddy, who had an on-off relationship with Cassie from 2007 to 2018, denied the allegations via a statement from his lawyer.

“Mr. Combs vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations. For the past six months, Mr. Combs has been subjected to Ms. Ventura’s persistent demand of $30 million, under the threat of writing a damaging book about their relationship, which was unequivocally rejected as blatant blackmail,” his attorney told the New York Times.

One day after Cassie filed the court documents, she and Diddy settled the lawsuit.

Sean Diddy Combs and Ex Girlfriend Cassie s Relationship Ups and Downs A Timeline 226

Related: Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs and Ex Cassie’s Relationship Timeline

Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images Sean “Diddy” Combs and ex-girlfriend Cassie weathered many ups and downs during their romance before parting ways for good in 2018. While Cassie (real name Cassandra Ventura) has since married Alex Fine and become a mother, her relationship with Diddy hasn’t stopped making headlines. The New York Times reported in November 2023 […]

“I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control,” Cassie told Us through her attorney Douglas Wigdor on November 17. “I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support.”

Diddy also released a statement via Wigdor: “We have decided to resolve this matter amicably. I wish Cassie and her family all the best. Love.”

Diddy’s lawyer Ben Brafman subsequently emphasized that a settlement does not indicate guilt.

“Just so we’re clear, a decision to settle a lawsuit, especially in 2023, is in no way an admission of wrongdoing,” Brafman said in a statement to Us on November 18. “Mr. Combs‘ decision to settle the lawsuit does not in any way undermine his flat-out denial of the claims. He is happy they got to a mutual settlement and wishes Ms. Ventura the best.”

After reaching an agreement with Cassie, Diddy was hit with additional allegations. Joi Dickerson-Neal filed a lawsuit on Thursday, November 23, claiming in court documents obtained by Us that Diddy “drugged, sexually abused and assaulted her.” She also claimed to be the victim of “revenge porn” created and distributed by Diddy.

Cassie and Husband Alex Fine s Relationship Timeline

Related: Cassie and Husband Alex Fine’s Relationship Timeline

Cassie and Alex Fine tied the knot less than one year after going public with their romance — and they’ve been going strong ever since. “I felt really relaxed during the ceremony,” the singer, whose real name is Cassandra Ventura, told Vogue of the nuptials in October 2019. “As soon as I saw Alex, any […]

Diddy denied the allegations via a statement to CNN, with his spokesperson calling Dickerson-Neal’s account “made up and not credible” and “nothing but a money grab.”

A third lawsuit was filed the same day as Dickerson-Neal’s. The anonymous plaintiff claimed that Diddy and one of his friends took turns raping her in the early ‘90s. Us reached out to Diddy for comment at the time.

The three lawsuits came ahead of the expiration date for the New York’s Adult Survivors Act, which allowed survivors of sexual assault of file lawsuits regardless of when the incident occurred. The act expired on November 24.

If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted, contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673).

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *